The Avocado Milkshake is one of my favourite afternoon snacks. It’s buttery, refreshing and just full of good nutrients. On its own, the avocado is a buttery and savoury fruit. They are amazing for many health benefits – various antioxidants, vitamins, healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and trace minerals.
We usually eat avocados by putting them in salads, sandwiches and guacamole dips. But if you’re looking for a quick avocado fix with a bit of coconut flavour, try this recipe.
Our special ingredient: Gula Melaka Coconut Sugar. It’s deep caramel flavour blends perfectly with the sweetless, buttery taste of the avocado, making for a beverage you simply can’t resist.
Avocado Milkshake Ingredients:
- 1-2 ripe avocados (soft when pressed)
- 160g of gula melaka coconut/palm sugar
- 80-100g of unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup of ice
Preparation: (10-15 mins)
- Melt the gula melaka sugar in a pot with a bit of water (150ml) and stir constantly until all the solids melt. Leave it to rest until cool.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the seed. Use a spoon and scoop out all the avocado into the blender.
- Add the soy milk, ice and melted gula melaka sugar into the blender too.
- Blend until smooth.
The secret to this creamy avocado milkshake is that small dose of unsweetened soy milk and some ice. Blend them all together in a high speed blender and you get a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Avocado fruit: promotes heart health, aids in digestion and weight management, helps to maintain healthy skin.
- Gula Melaka Coconut Palm Sugar: contains more mineral salts than refined sugar, such as B1 vitamin and potassium. It was reputed to treat throat and lung infections in Indian ayurvedic medicine.
- Soy Milk: soy is naturally free of cholesterol and low in saturated fat. Also a good source of protein, calcium and potassium. I recommend the unsweetened soy milk as gula melaka already sweetens the drink.
What do you think of this recipe? Share with us below!